Today was a history and administration day.
After breakfast we were invited to visit the Cutlers' Hall.
Loads of pictures follow:
The Cutlers' consider themselves the precursors of civilisation.
They point out that once you dig a hole to capture an animal, you require a sharpen flint to separate the pelt from your McCave happy meal. Then you have clothing, shelter and the WGMS.
I didn't dare mention that the Paviers were the ones who dug the hole.....
The style of the building from the late 1800's is Scottish Baronial.....I will elucidate.
Once a Scot owned enough property from which he could accrue all the materials necessary to build his pile on his own land; that could be considered Baronial.
Since the pine was the tree on hand, there are none off the curves of the soft Southerners.
I then pointed out the curved window box on the second floor....I won't be invited back!The sword in the foreground belonged to the Black Prince as welded at the Battle of Poitiers.
And here's something you don't see everyday.
Can you see the carpark through the window on the first floor?
That is the former public gallows yard at the Old Bailey.
It was a brilliant tour, filled with facts and anacdotal stories.





No comments:
Post a Comment