Thursday, 27 February 2014

The Spice of.....

I give up...there is no way I am going on as I started and contribute to this blog every day.  I am too busy, too drunk, and too lazy most nights.  The drunk is only listed to make me sound kool.
But to make up for it, here is a catch up.
I am plotting with two friends to move my story/screenplay forward.  You know, the one about the adopted young woman who finds her birth parents at 20, falls in love with her father and murders her mother...set in Edwardian London to keep it civilsed.
A lovely evening singing with my Darling friend Lucy at Crazy Coqs; a lovely evening singing at Show Off; a lovely evening singing with my Darling friend Kai at the Palm Tree... get the feeling I like singing?
Sunday night with my Salsa buddies cheering when we saw someone we knew in the film "Cuban Fury".
A private visit to Ironmongery Hall of a Tuesday morning, enjoyed with some interesting art work on display.

















Here is an example; a former Master of the Guild giving HRH the sword.
Oh, and a former master purchased this young lady on a Grand Tour to Italy in the 1800's.  His lady wife would not have it in the pile, so it found a home in the Hall, much to the pleasure of the guild.


















A visit to the BBC radio studio:


















...to listen to a recording of "Click" on wearable technology with my pal Amelia.
Rushed up to Camden to a front row seat provided by the Fetter Lane boys to the second half of "Naked Girls reading Rock and Roll"














Very instructive and nothing to do with anything wearable. Evening ended with Salsa.
Last night an amazing treat! A free ticket to "Secret Cinema". Can't tell you where but I appeared as Count Riverski.






















The film was "The Grand Budapest Hotel" which was so gorgeous, each scene was like a Mendal dessert... delicious!

And then tonight a concert here given by the young musicians from Charterhouse School in Godalming in Surrey.














It was a wonderful selection of items.  Saved for the last Serenade K.361 by the genius that was Mozart.  For me; he and the boy from Stratford stand side by side.  There is a wonderful wit and unpredictability in Wolfgang's creations. For a moment a thought made my heart ache with a profound pain... my eyes were nearly moist with a longing to have appreciated what that man could have provided if he had lived longer.
Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment